CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) is an introduction to basic IT knowledge and skills.
Why is it different?
CompTIA ITF+ helps professionals to decide if a career in IT is right for them or to develop a broader understanding of IT.
- ITF+ is the only pre-career certification that helps students or career changers determine if they have a competency for information technology and if it is the right career path for them.
- ITF+ is the only single certification that covers all areas of IT foundations, creating a broader understanding of IT making it ideal for non-technical professionals.
- ITF+ establishes an IT education framework for students in secondary and post-secondary settings.
About the exam
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam focuses on the essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
- Using features and functions of common operating systems and establishing network connectivity
- Identifying common software applications and their purpose
- Using security and web browsing best practices
This exam is intended for candidates who are advanced end users and/or are considering a career in IT. The exam is also a good fit for individuals interested in pursuing professional-level certifications, such as A+.
What Skills Will You Learn?
IT CONCEPTS & TERMINOLOGY
Comprehend notational systems, illustrate the basics of computing and explain the value of data and troubleshooting
Know how to set up and install common peripheral devices to a laptop/PC or secure a basic wireless network
APPLICATIONS & SOFTWARE
Manage applications software, understand the various components of an operating system and explain the purpose of methods of application architecture
Comprehend programming language categories, interpret logic, and understand the purpose of programming concepts
Able to explain database concepts, structures, and purpose, as well as understands methods used to interface
Understand confidentiality, integrity, and availability concerns of secure devices and best practice methods
Who would benefit from ITF+?
- Students considering a career in IT.
- Professionals working in fields that require a broad understanding of IT.
- Marketing, sales and operations staff in IT-based organizations.
Why would you benefit from ITF+?
IT jobs are expected to grow much faster than average (11%), adding 531,200 new jobs over the 10-year period 2019-29. (Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
Nearly three-quarters of employers worldwide rate technology as a primary factor in reaching business objectives (72%). (Source: CompTIA International Trends in Technology and Workforce) All workers need fundamental IT skills to use these technologies.
GET IN TOUCH
Our dedicated and passionate team is ready to help you begin your learning and transformation journey.
The Learning Organisation,Ground Floor,Glenfiddich Building,Kildrummy Office Park1 Umhlanga Avenue,Paulshof,Sandton,Gauteng,South Africa2191
+27 10 612 0679